Saturday, June 2, 2012

All In

So....I'm getting baptized tomorrow.
It's been a long and crazy journey to get here...but a fantastic one at that.

I really just want to say thank you to everyone that I've met and become close to, or at least friends with, within the past six months, as well as people I have been close to for years [you all have stuck around even when I wasn't exactly pleasant to be around. Thank you.], for being the encouragement and light of Christ that I needed.
I probably wouldn't be making the decision I am if it weren't for you guys.

This time last year I wasn't even close to where I am now. My heart was somewhere else. I was depending on myself when I should have been depending solely on Christ. I desired things to satisfy me right then and there, rather than seeing that some things are so worth the wait. I was impatient and restless. I liked control and I wasn't willing to give it up.
Things are different now.

You guys have presented yourselves as vessels of Christ, rather than people living for yourselves.
I cannot say thank you enough for you all have done for me. I will never be able to. You have shown me that Christ is worth living for.
It was my decision, all along, to actually make the choice to live like that as well.
I'm ready now.

When I was growing up, everyone around me was getting baptized and I felt left out because I still hadn't been. I really just wanted to get baptized so I wasn't that outsider anymore.
My mindset wasn't ready then, though.
I wanted it for the wrong reasons.
Now, I am getting baptized because I want to tell the world that my life is not my own anymore.
I'm not going to live halfway for Christ anymore.

I'm going all in.

No comments: