Friday, July 5, 2013

Christ Is Enough

Hillsong's newest album came out the other day.
It's phenomenal.
There's one song in particular that really captures my attention - "Christ Is Enough"
They take the old hymn, "I Have Decided To Follow Jesus", and put their own spin on it.
It's funny how they can take a song that we've listened to and sang a thousand times over, and re-convey the message in a way that hits you like none other.
The whole song is absolutely amazing, but honestly, the message ringing through the lyrics is simply put in the title of the song.

Christ is enough.

He is everything we have ever needed, All we'll ever need.
Why do we, so many times, fail to see that?

The part of the song where they use the previously stated hymn goes like this:

I have decided to follow Jesus 
No turning back 
No turning back 
I have decided to follow Jesus
No Turning back 
No turning back

The Cross before me 
The world behind me 
No turning back 
No turning back 
The Cross before me 
The world behind me 
No turning back 
No turning back 
It's brilliantly beautiful.
So much truth is stated in that song, but this little bit right here hit me so hard when I really listened to it for the first time.

There is so much that is going to come at me and against me, but I have decided to commit my life to Christ and to submit to Him daily, regardless of the circumstances.
It gets hard sometimes. It's hard right now. But, throughout everything that happens, I will not turn away from my Savior.

I am so overwhelmed right now with everything that is going on in life.
From friendships & relationships, to school, life is so insane that I don't know what to think most of the time.
I have decisions I have to make regarding my future, and although I have become more accepting of long-term thinking, it still scares me sometimes. I'm not always up for growing up and making "adult decisions". However, I know that the time is coming that I will have to make a lot of decisions I may not feel ready for.
Heck, I probably won't be ready for them, but that's ok. I'm not going to be ready for a lot of things, but that's where faith really comes in.
I know Christ will provide for me, and I know He will guide me to the end, as long as I let Him. 
It really does require a daily declaration of surrender and submission to Christ to truly allow Him to use you and guide you.

Though life is absolutely nuts right now, or at least in my brain, God is still sovereign, and my faith still stands securely in Him.
I have so much to tell about how God has worked in my life lately, so much to tell how I know God will continue to work in my life. So much that I probably wouldn't ever shut up if you asked me about it.
God's sovereignty, knowing that He is in complete control, is one of the biggest things I find comfort in. Knowing that I don't have to be ready, I don't have to have everything figured out or be completely prepared for something, it gives me peace. And peace is exactly what I need right now.

He never fails, He never has, so why would He start now?

No comments: