Sunday, August 25, 2013

Give Me Your Eyes

For the past few weeks or so, God has really been showing me a lot. Whether, it is a reflection of what I experienced over the summer, or clarity with experiences I'm going through now, He is revealing His plan for me a little bit at a time.

A lot has happened since the beginning of the summer.
I learned what and who I should invest my time in, how to live intentionally, when to say "no", what priorities make it to the top of the list, and much more.
However, it was not a quick or easy process learning all that I did. It hurt at times, and it took place over three months. But it was worth it.
Because of the difficulties that arose throughout the actual experiences, I was sometimes blinded by frustration or irritation, which clouded my vision, my perspective on things. It distorted my understanding of how God was using those situations to grow me.

That is something that has been very convicting lately.
Am I seeing things as I think they are through my eyes, or as they really are through God's eyes?

It's kind of funny...there are certainly situations that happened that I could get mad about and be justified in that anger, but I'm not.
I'm ok. I'm glad with the outcome, even.
I know it might be confusing for some people, but what I've come to understand is that God is using each and every one of these experiences to grow me into the person He created me to be.
I can rejoice in that!
He is making me more like Him!

There are definitely times where I get frustrated and I want to complain, but God has really instilled the concept of growth in Him through those times.
He's giving me sight through His eyes.

My flesh is losing the battle with His Spirit.
IT'S AWESOME.

I'm going to keep this pretty short for today, but I do plan on writing more often because I know that God has a lot more to reveal to me, and definitely a lot more growing to do as well.

No comments: