Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Urgency

I've been really unsettled lately.
With everything going on in my life, it becomes more and more apparent that I am absolutely not ok with living a stagnant life.

From the beginning of summer until now, a few words have been floating around my head constantly. Those words would be...

  • Urgency
  • Stagnant
  • Wild
  • Intentional
  • Still
  • Explore
  • Grace
  • Invest
  • Future
For me, they all tie to each other, one way or another. 
I want to go through all of them eventually, but I think today I'm just going to focus on one. 

Urgency

I went to Snowbird this past summer in early June. It was an incredible experience, and very eye-opening. 
I left almost distraught. One reason being, I absolutely love North Carolina, and once I saw flat land, I was miserable. Another reason being that I was pretty strongly convicted. 
Snowbird presents the Gospel in a radical way - a way I respond to - and I was amazed at how passionate they were about sharing it. And then I realized how not passionate I was about sharing it.
That kind of hurt. I mean... I want the Gospel to be known, but I realized that I wasn't really being as intentional in taking action as I wanted to be. As I should be. 

We were given the command to spread the Gospel - the Gospel, not our gospel - to the ends of the earth. For many, they think that means they have to go to a different country on a mission trip, or whatever. It has been said, but it hasn't been said enough because it's still not sticking, that where we are is our mission field.
I don't really like that, but it's the truth. I'm in school right now, and it's fine. I like my classes and my grades are good, but I feel like I'm missing out on amazing experiences regarding ministry that three of my friends are currently partaking in. I wish I was doing what they get to do. 
But, I have to remember that this is where God has me, and He's got me here for a reason that, I know, will grow me and complete me in Him. I have to remind myself daily and make the decision to surrender my life to Him daily.
It's hard, but I know that He is preparing me for what is to come - what He is waiting to bless me with. 

I have reached a point, now, where I cannot just sit still and let people believe what they want to believe regarding Christianity. If we aren't backing our beliefs up with Scripture, then for all we know, we could be believing in something far from Christianity. That is so dangerous. Not only is it dangerous, it is heartbreaking that people are missing out on the true Gospel. 

I don't know what all God has planned for me right now - that is why I'm choosing to take it one minute at a time [one day at a time is still too quickly]. However, I do know that He is planning something huge, because my brain is currently going 1241234 mph. 
I'm excited to see what He's got in store for me, but I know, right now, that He has instilled this urgency in me to spread the Gospel in everything I do.
I know I've probably said this already, but I pray that if I ever start to reflect anything or anyone other than Him, please drive me towards Him. 

Urgency - desperation; seriousness; necessity 

No comments: