Wednesday, May 25, 2011

1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die

I found this book at the library this morning as I was on a hunt for Sarah Dessen [the books I don't own at the moment] and any writing books I could find. I saw this one sitting upon the shelf at head level for me. Since I already had a pretty decent stack of books and cd's, I had to be careful grabbing this one so I wouldn't drop any of the ones I was already holding. Not to mention the size of this books. It is THICK. 960 pages to be exact.
Anyways, it seems really interesting, so I'm making it a point to follow it. I have added reading all 1001 books before I die to my list of goals. I will keep you all updated on that as well. I will add a page specifically for that list of books, and will cross out each book that I have completed to keep you up to date on what I have already read, and what I still need to read.
I'm pretty excited for this! It seems like it should be fun, and I'm always up for reading different things. Well, as long as their not super weird. Ha ha.
As for writing, I finished my one page summary of the story. I'm now onto step five of the Snowflake Method [this is a GODSEND, I'm telling you. It's incredible!], which would be writing a page description for each major character, and a half a page for each minor character. I'm pretty excited about this and more than happy about my progress!
Well, that is all for now. I may write later, but until then, au revoir!

~Hannah

No comments: