Friday, April 26, 2013

Spring 2013: Coming to a Close

Hey there.
It's been a while, and I'm sorry for that.

Life has been absolutely crazy the past semester. It's finally coming to a close as I have a final today, and my last one on Monday. I'm so ready for all this to be over.
This was a really rough semester. I made some stupid time management decisions, as well as scheduling choices that were not the wisest. I definitely learned from those mistakes though. Totally.

I learned a lot this semester too. Whether it was from school, or just from life and living.
There's almost too much to explain, but I'll just give a brief overview, because honestly I can't think enough right now to make sentences make sense [I'm taking a study break. I really don't want to think], so here ya go...

  • School comes before work. 
  • Homework isn't really that bad once you get it started, and starting it is the hardest part.
  • Bite the bullet and get the hardest crap outta the way first. It gets much easier from there.
  • Daily prayer does wonders. 
  • Set time aside for quiet time. God doesn't put you on the back burner, so don't do it to Him.
  • Parachute is killing me making me wait for their new album [Hurry up already!!]
  • I'm growing up, whether I want to admit it or not.
  • It's seriously time to start budgeting my finances wisely.
  • Set small goals that work up to bigger goals.
  • God likes to bless me in the weirdest and most unexpected of ways. I like it.
  • If you get offered a job, chances are you are supposed to be there. 
  • I freaking love working at the church. It's seriously the coolest job ever. EVER.
  • Put others before yourself. There's a joy you get from it that you don't get from helping just yourself.
  • Cutting out [or cutting back, at least] sugar isn't that tragic.
  • Set backs don't hold you back. You do that to yourself.
  • You make the choice whether to be down and depressed, or to be joyful within the suffering. Choose to be happy.
  • In the end, it is not I who deserves the glory. After all, I didn't create the world in 6 days. [& then took a nap on the 7th ;P ]
Once I'm officially done with finals I will post again. Hopefully a bit more regularly, but I can't make any promises. I'm starting with small goals, remember? ;)

No comments: